1st Ride of the Season - Duthie Hill

Lars and I headed to Duthie Hill today for our first mountain bike ride of the season.  It was such a blast! I love the feeling of being completely exhausted from a day of fun.

The trails were short, the conversations long.  The decents are not long like Sandy Ridge Trails in Oregon, but neither was the ride/walk up.  It is the perfect place to build on skill and ride your butt off.

 It made for an amazing kick-off for the biking season.  I even improved every run and braved up and did a bigger drop than I thought I could do!

We met and talked to about six different people, and exchanged info. with a few of them to ride with later.  The people I run into when mountain biking are some of the nicest people, and so supportive.  One of them was this gal who was a total bad ass out there.  She offered to show me some drops I could progress on.  Following her was a huge help, seeing her ride and trying to follower her speed.

Will get some pictures to post next time we head out.


No comments:

Post a Comment