Sandy Ridge Trail - Love it!

Today I enjoyed the most amazing mountain bike trail I ever experienced, so far!  It is part of the Sandy Ridge Trail System which is only 15 min from the house we are renting.  

It started with a 1 & 1/2 ride uphill on a paved road.  The road isn't too steep, regardless of  the sweat beading on my face and the burn in my legs.  You have to work sometimes to play, and the ride up was absolutely worth the ride down!  Lars had his Go-Pro camera which shows the trail but I was in front of him and am not about to debut my first ride on this sweet trail sharing my geeky white socks and lame riding.  Now that I know what to expect out of the trail, I expect some better riding out of myself.  Maybe next ride I will wear the Go-Pro cam to help muster up some of my competitive drive and post that later. :)

Had our legs been able to handle the ride all the way to the top, it would have been 3 miles to the top and then we would have had 5 miles of downhill bliss.  We chose the shorter route since it was our first time on the trail.  This trail is one the of most expensive to build in the nation, and it has to be one of the best! It so rocked!!

I even made a new friend named Colleen who has trouble finding other girls who are willing to mountain bike.  So we exchanged info. and now I can meet up with some ladies for some all girl rides.  She is from Portland and even just got back from a trip visiting Utah. She rode on the Shoreline trail behind the University of Utah Hospital where Lars and I rode often, small world.

We also met a guy that moved here from Utah!  He lived in Draper area, so we talked trails and had a good 15min or more chat with him, so cool.

So far things are going well.  Still need to find a job, and have started a bit of looking online.  I will post pictures of the house once I get around to taking some.

No comments:

Post a Comment